Thursday, October 9, 2008

Today was a long day...

I got to school this morning at 7:45 am and left this evening around 10:15pm.  It was quite a day, full of children asking the same questions over and over and fun classroom activities.  I enjoyed having lunch with my volleyball team today (an activity we do every Thursday before a game), and I felt like my classes went well.  (I am finally teaching fun things in Algebra!)  Then, we had our volleyball games, which went okay.   The B team won, the A team lost in a pretty sadly played game.  Guess that just means I have to pump it up next week in practice...lots of hustle and serving!  I stayed after the games (which ended at 7pm) to watch the choir concert (which started at 7:05pm), and then I went down to my room to work.  I cleaned, organized, filed, graded, cleaned some more, wrote sub plans, copied quizzes, filled out paperwork, sent emails, and planned for tomorrow all in three hours.  Now, at 10:45pm, I am finally back at home, ready to go to bed and sleep.  I am taking my first "mental health day" off tomorrow, and I am ready to enjoy it!  Time for some cleaning, some laundry, some grocery shopping, and a little time with Travis, and I should be set.  And the students have a holiday on Monday, so I am going to enjoy my four day vacation from my kids!

Ah...the thoughts of how little I had to do this summer are taunting me...  :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment