Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Stop #6 - Montgomery/Woodlands

My parents just moved into a beautiful new house on Lake Conroe, and Barrett and I were very excited to go and see it for the first time on this trip! We ended up staying longer than planned for many reasons - my car was in the shop for some body work, Barrett had a little case of the sniffles and needed to rest, and some serious unpacking needed to happen at the house! So, we helped unpack box after box, cleaning, organizing, and putting everything away. The house is really looking good! We also had some fun swimming in the pool and daydreaming about playing on the lake this summer. I can't wait to bring the dogs back to swim in a few months! My parents gave us a tour of the subdivision and the town where they are living now, and it looks like they are really going to enjoy living there. I was excited that Barrett and I could help them out with the unpacking and getting them that much closer to enjoying their new home. :-)


I would have taken more pictures of the house, but every room was either empty or full of boxes, so I will just wait until they get more moved in. Above is the kitchen as we were unpacking it - quite a mess, but things were slowly getting done!!


Barrett enjoying some breakfast

Getting a bath in the laundry room sink

He won't be small enough for this for long!!

We are fortunate that Barrett's grandparents live so close together! After a few days at Grandma's house, we headed down to the Woodlands to visit Gran-D for the day:

Playing with a giant Nemo fish

Barrett and Gran-D

Another big event that happened on this trip was Barrett's first swimming pool experience. He's played in the water in the bathtub, but never in a whole pool of water. He seemed to love the water and was so laid back and chill the entire time! The only time he got upset was when the sun got into his eyes. Other than that, he was happy to play and kick and splash in the water. It was a lot of fun!

Barrett and Mommy

Barrett with Grandma and Grandpa in the hot tub overlooking Lake Conroe

I love his new bathing suit!!

Hanging out with the wooden pelican and getting ready to go in the water

The view from the pool is just stunning!

Barrett loved playing in the little waterfall off the rocks!

Swimming, swimming...

...in the swimming pool...

...when days are hot, when days are cold...

...in the swimming pool...

...breaststroke, sidestroke, fancy diving too...

...I bet you wish you never had anything else to do but swimming!!!

Barrett had a blast in the pool, and I can't wait to take him more often this summer!

 Sadly, after our fun time in Montgomery, it was time to head back to Del Rio. So we packed up the car one final time and headed out to our last stop: San Antonio!



No comments:

Post a Comment